- Each Teen Entrant must be between the ages of 15 and 18 years by January 1, 2016. Each Jr. Teen Entrant must be between the ages of 12 and 14 years by January 1, 2016. delegates age 14 may choose to compete in the teen division.
- Entrants must be born female, single, never married, nor given birth to a child.
- Entrants must be of good health and moral character.
- All decisions as to the eligibility shall be determined by the Miss Teen America, Inc.
- All decisions of the judges are final and irrevocable.
- Any contestant and/or family member or guest showing unsportsmanlike behavior will lead to the disqualification of the contestant. No refunds will be given.
- If for any reason a winner is disqualified, or elects not to participate, her title and all awards including crown and banner, trophy and prizes will be returned to the National Office and given to the next choice of the judges. I understand that the contestant whose title is relinquished or who is disqualified shall be responsible for any and all court costs, and attorney's fees incurred by Miss Teen America, Inc in an effort to have the aforementioned property returned to the state or national pageant.
- Entrants hereby agree to release unconditionally and forever, any claim against Miss Teen America, Inc.., its officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, which they may have, by virtue of their participation in this pageant or any use of their name, likeness, voice and/or biography in connection with this pageant, including use in promotional and advertising material.
- Miss Teen America, Inc.. reserves the right to change the date and location of the National pageant.
- Employees of Miss Teen America, Inc. and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Entrants agree that if they enter a state preliminary and succeed to a state level title, or to the title of Miss Teen America 2016 or Miss Jr. Teen America 2016 they will not participate in any pageants during the time that they hold either of those titles.
- Delegates and their parents/guardians agree to hold harmless all persons affiliated with Miss Teen America, Inc., in case of any loss or injury occurring during, or in travel to and/or from this program.
- Recipient of the title Miss Teen America 2016 promises to promote the program by making a minimum of 18 personal appearances; and the recipient of the title of Miss Jr. Teen America 2016 promises to promote the program by making a minimum of 12 personal appearances during her reign. Titleholders further promise to make no personal appearances or appear in any advertising and/or publications without permission from the National Director.
- Miss Teen America 2016 promises to return to the 2017 Miss Teen America National Pageant as Miss Teen America, in crown and banner, to crown her successor. Miss Jr. Teen America 2016 promises to return to the 2017 Miss Jr. Teen America National pageant as Miss Jr. Teen America, in crown and banner, to crown her successor.
- State and local representatives agree that they accept their titles with the understanding that they will compete at the next level and assume all responsibility for payment of fees.
- Crowns and banners remain the property of The Miss Teen America, Inc. until after the national competition. Any delegate who defaults on her contract must return all prizes and awards including her crown and banner to the national office in the condition in which it was received.
- I understand that I may withdraw from the competition at any time, however, in doing so, must return my crown and banner to the national office. Under no circumstances, and not for any reason shall I be entitled to a refund in whole or in part of any fees paid. All fees paid to Miss Teen America, Inc. are NOT REFUNDABLE and NOT TRANSFERABLE in full or in part under any circumstances. This includes, but is not limited to entry fees, advertising fees, pageant admission ticket sales fees, guest meal fees and any other fees paid to Miss Teen America, Inc. by anyone including, but not limited to, delegates, sponsors, and advertisers.
- I further understand that there will be a $35 fee assessed for any returned check.
- Deadlines are determined by the number of entries.
Rules and Regulations Governing Scholarships
• All scholarships are determined by the number of delegates that attend the year’s competition.
• For Teens: $100 from each mandatory ad sold will be credited towards the Miss Teen America Scholarship Fund.
For Jr. Teens: $50 from each mandatory ad sold will be credited towards the Miss Jr. Teen America Scholarship Fund.
• Scholarships will be awarded up to $5000 to the delegate crowned Miss Teen America 2016 and $2,500 to the delegate crowned Miss Junior Teen America 2016